Agile Development-Scrum Tools
With the growing & frequent need of implementing and managing the dynamic and changing requirements, in a software development cycle, the importance of agile methodology of software development has increased manifold. Project management team, love to approach & make of use agile methodology. So, let's see, what is so special about the agile development.
Agile methodology is an evolutionary and an adaptive approach of developing a software product, which combines development and testing, to deliver a software product, in several iterations. It involves, the participation of the client or the users, in the development lifecycle, who constantly provides reviews and feedback, including any new or changing requirements, throughout the development process, which is being incorporated, in multiple development life cycles.
Keeping in account, the involvement of multiple sprints, comprising both development and testing, along with the frequent incoming and changing requirements, the development team, may make use of some specific tools, to reduce efforts, save time, manage and increase the efficiency of a process. Let's go through, some of the well-known agile development/scrum tools, which are readily available in the market.
- One stop solution, to cater each and every need of the software development project, and includes agile project management, budgeting, team collaboration, time tracking, invoicing, etc.
- May be run in cloud or in self owned server.
- Built, to meet the demands of every sized company or groups, such as small-size, medium-size, large-size enterprise, including personal use, also.
- Compatibility with the multiple platform viz. web, local and mobile system.
- Equipped with sophisticated dashboards, to manage and track the tasks and updates.
- Provides the advantage of listing and organizing the tasks, with the help of filter mechanism.
- Provides the advantage of getting connected with people, peers and colleagues.
- Empowers, to set your time and rates for each different working hours, at your convenience and helps in sending precise and accurate billing to the client.
- Integrates project with the e-mail address, so that project could be manage from the your inbox, itself, and thereby, reduces the frequent visit to the ActiveCollab tool.
- A product of Pivotal Labs, available as open source software for personal and public project.
- Specifically, used for the purpose of agile development, but may be used for other types of development project, also.
- It is used to restructure the whole software project in a form of short and simple, helps in understanding the logical workflow, and is used to set expectation/target in the form of checkpoints, along with its tracking.
- It supports collaboration between the teams, to resistively react to the real world changes.
- Supports, lots of integration with other tools such as bugzilla and JIRA.
- Enables to work across multiple projects, on a single screen.
- Comes with the functionality of a tracker, it is used to track and prioritize the essential work, along with the feature of predicting/estimating the future.
- Enables to reset your priority, and reveals the after-effect of this resetting, over the project.
- Provides the advantage of sharing and storing data and document, irrespective of format.
- Further, it also includes features like velocity tracking, iteration planning, release markers, progress charts, etc.
- Simple and easy to use, even by a novice user.
- A very well known tool, in the field of Agile project management, being developed by VersionOne.
- It is known for its customization feature, to get modified and adjust itself, to support any sort of agile development method, such as Scrum, extreme programming, etc.
- Provides end to end, agile lifecycle management, to enable members of each team, deployed at, each different level, to deliver the software product, in a quick and efficient way.
- Comes with the reporting features, which are easy to visualize and understand.
- Ability to integrate and synchronized with other tools, such as Jira, HP Quality Centre, Microsoft Visual Studio, etc.
- Provides end to end, Scaled agile framework management, for each different level.
- An open source product and collaboration tool, encompassing end to end agile project management, ranging from planning to quick delivery of a product.
- Ability to integrate with other available or installed tools.
- Makes use of story points, t-shirt size and self-developed technique, to make accurate estimations.
- Keeps all the members of the team, virtually on the same page, irrespective of their geographical location, and maintains the transparency.
- Ability to customize the project, to perceive its workflow and issues, related to QA.
- Equipped with the filter mechanism feature, through JIRA Query language (JQL).
- Includes scrum board and kanban board and various reporting options such as burn down charts.