Load Testing Tools
A small overview of the load testing
Load testing is a form of both the non-functional and performance testing type. This type of testing is carried out, to assess the behaviour and response of the software product, under multiple and variant loads, based on the users-perspective.
We all must be aware of the fact that the usage of tools, eases the task of performing the testing activities on the software product, to output the effective and efficient results. Similar, to various types of testing techniques, load testing may be carried out, also, with the help of the specific testing tools that are readily available in the market.
Let's have a glance, at some of these tools
- A software load testing tool, developed by the HP.
- It is used to evaluate the behaviour and performance of the software application or system under load.
- Involves the simulation of large number of users, accessing and using the software application or system, simultaneously, to record and analyse the system's performance.
- Shows the exact picture of the system's end to end performance.
- Easy to use.
- Reduces the time and skills, required to mimic the scenario of user-transactions, in load testing.
- Creation of test scripts, using ANSI C programming language, enables LoadRunner to run Java and .Net programs.
- LoadRunner, shows its presence and on-demand version, in clouds also, through SaaS platform.
- Useful for large projects.
- A commercial, self-service, web and mobile load testing platform(PaaS).
- 100% compatible with the Apache JMeter i.e. any JMeter test will work on BlazeMeter.
- Empowers the developers, with an enterprise, and "out of the box" load testing solution.
- Equips developers with the tool, to perform simple integration in to their native development environment, by providing mobile, web, website, web-service or database testing, to simulate the environment of accessing of website, by the large number of users.
- It is scalable and realistic.
- Extra-large testing capacity.
- Web-based interactive reports.
- Plugins are being provided by the BlazeMeter.
- Provides the advantage of scheduling the test duration and its time.
- An open source load testing framework and performance testing tool, written in scala.
- Used to measure the performance of the web-applications, under different loads.
- Compatible with almost all types of browser and supports cross-platform working.
- Define and write test scenarios in DSL.
- Ready to present HTML Reports, which are clear, exhaustive, dynamic and colourful.
- Easy to maintain.
- Not only simulates user load, but also responsible for checking the HTTP Response.
- Officially supports HTTP, WebSockets, Server-sent events and Java message service (JMS).
- Open System Testing Architechure(OpenSTA), is an opensource load testing tool, licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- Developed by CYRANO, OpenSTA is used to define, create and run HTTP heavy load tests, to assess the performance of Web Application Environment and production system.
- It only supports different versions of the Windows Operating System.
- Provides the advantage of comparing the test results of the target application or system within the testing and production environment.
- Records scripts in tester's own browser, using simple coding language(SCL), which supports custom functions, variable scopes and random or sequential list.
- Supports the creation of Collector-only tests.
- Provides the ease to monitor the most of the logged data, during run-time and after the completion of the tests run, these logs may be viewed, graphed, filtered or being exported to other software, capable of generating sophisticated reports.
Rational Performance Tester
- An IBM product, which is used to evaluate the performance of the web-based and server-based application under variant load.
- An automation tool, which reduces the load testing complexity.
- Used to burden the web application or server, with the huge number of transactions, in order to evaluate the response time.
- Identifies the presence and roots of the system's bottlenecks.
- Validates the Scalability and reliability of the web application before deployment.
- Creation of the tests, which depicts the user transactions between client and server.
- Supports only Microsoft Window and Linux AIX operating systems.
- Enables to record the steps, that user wish to be executed, during the load test run along with the ease of replaying the steps, with suitable user load.