Best Open-Source Mobile Test Automation Tools
The software industry consists of several state-of-the-art automation tools that vary in their specifications, quality as well as functionality. One can find automation mobile test automation tools that can test applications designed for Android and iOS mobile devices. Moreover, there is wide range of automation tools available in the market for the use of testers and developers, some of them are free while others are expensive. Therefore, you help you choose the best mobile test automation tool, here is a list of the most popular mobile automation testing tools.
- Appium: This is an open source tool for automating native mobile web, and hybrid applications on iOS and Android platforms. Appium supports many programming languages, such as JAVA, Ruby, C# and other which are in the WedDriver library. Furthermore, it can control Safari and Chrome on mobile devices. Also, it is easy to setup on a different platform and one can use any testing framework for Appium.
- Calabash (Android and iOS): Calabash is an automated acceptance testing framework for mobile app. It provides APIs that are specialized to native apps running on touch screen devices.
- Frank (iOS): Frank allows writing structured text test or acceptance tests and have them execute against iOS application. It also includes powerful “app inspector” that can be used to get detailed information on the running app.
- Monkey Runner (Android and iOS) : Monkey Runner is one of the most popular Android testing tool used for automation of functional test for Android software. The tests are written in Python and one may use a recording tool for creating tests. Furthermore, this tool has an API that allows it to control a smartphone, a tablet or an emulator from outside of Android code.
- Robotium (Android Testing Tool): This automation testing tool is a free Android UI testing tool. It is suitable for tests automations for different Android versions and sub-versions. Robotium is a library for unit tests and the tests created by it are written in JAVA.
In today’s world, where testing is immensely important, testing tools make this whole process of testing easy, cost effective and reliable. Similarly, mobile test automation tools work effortlessly to deliver applications that are bug free, highly maintained, and that work exceptionally. Moreover, these automation tools are compatible to various devices and ensure that the application works perfectly on different platforms (Android and iOS). Mobile Automation testing is executed automatically and works 24/7 to provide you best results. Also, with the help of these tools one can reduce the cost of testing and increase productivity. All these factors combine together and make automation testing the best option for testing any application.